Monday, October 4, 2010

What A Doctor Really Is?

I'm sick, trying few medications, still failed to heal me.
I went to the Hillcity governmental clinic just now,
to ask for other, new medication.
Waited for 1 hour,
clock on the wall showed that it was already 5pm.
Finally, it reached to my turn.
The officer passed me my medical records and asked me to enter ROOM5.
She was a very young doctor,
sitting on her chair lazily.
She opened her mouth and asked me:
"Ramai pesakit kat luar lagi ke? Suruh mereka balik je la! I nak balik la ni! Klinik ni tak kan lari, esok kan ade!"
I told her that I'm going back to KL tomorrow, that's why I came here today.
She sighed with an angry expression.
"You sakit ape?"
"Cirit-birit."
"Lagi?"
"Muntah."
"Lagi?"
"Tak ade. Ini je."
"Fikir betul-betul. Nanti jangan kata saye tak rawat you betul-betul. Pergi complain sane sini!"
Throughout the conversation, she never used her stethoscope.
I think, the stethoscope may be a trend's necklace of hers.
So called as a doctor, working in hospital at 9am, expecting to go home at 5pm.
She better works in bank. Only works for 5 days per week.
Unwilling to sacrifice her time to the patients, being rude to the patients.
Yet, she is having a Medicine degree.
So, she still is a doctor in Malaysia,
recognised by the medical board of Malaysia.
But,
do the citizens really need this kind of doctor?
May be I'm too biased in this situation since doctor was ever my ambition.

3 comments:

  1. Hillcity clinic? besides Hillcity hotel? good~ next time i will pay a visit there~

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes..u sure u wan go there while u're sick. Sure u'll die in their hands wo..haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. wat sucks dr? nt qualified at all.. btw dis is malaysia made dr...

    ReplyDelete