Thursday, July 15, 2010

This Was What I went Through

“ Panas ! Panas! Kipas kiri! Kipas kanan! Panas! Bestari panas!” That’s the cheers which we did the most within the whole orientation week. In my view, Minggu Haluansiswa (MHS) was really exhausting. To be honest, I hated of that particular week very much at the beginning. Why? It made me can’t sleep well, didn’t have decent sleep, with both legs were in pain severely. We were forced to join all the activities till midnight everyday. And for the extra last night of MHS, it ended at about 4am. Didn’t it sound crazy? Though, I was unwilling to let it ended at the last day. Was that quite repugnant?

Tell you guys one thing, a ridiculous thing, I have no chinese senior in my course! Even chinese coursemate has 1 only. What the hell! For this semester, I’m taking all the same courses with my actuarial science friends. You know, they always being called by their seniors to have some briefing. Everytime, after the class, sure there’ll be a senior standing on the lecture stage and asking all the Actuarial Sciences juniors to stay for a while because there is another orientation week for them. But, how am I? I’m fully hoping there’s some one to stand front of me and tells me I’m your senior despite of what race he or she is. Yet it’s not going to happen as I know.

Everyone keeps saying the same thing to me: “ Wah, even it is your 9th choice also can be in UM! How lucky are you!” I don’t know what response should I show to this statement. Can someone tell me please. Haiz. I’m not that kind of undergraduate who only cares about which university he or she is going into, what I care much is the course! I was depressed after knowing the syllabus of Mathematics. Why? Because I don’t seem to like it. So, I was looking for my academic advisor who is a chinese professor. And he tried hardly to convince me to be fond of doing Mathematics and encouraging me to do Pure Maths and not mixing my course with those statistics. By the way, he did feel sorry for me of being one of the unlucky students who can’t further what he wanted to do.

These few days, I had gone through my lectures, and I started to regain my interest on Maths. I don’t know why. But just feel so much curiousity in my mind and I so want to know more about Maths. Every new theorem I learnt, I found it interesting and feeling happy that I knew it. Why? May be it might just for a short moment and doesn’t last longer. Anyway, I’m happy with my recent state as this now. Ganbateh!!


By ean wai

3 comments:

  1. why so many malay take,they dun have brain how to take..curiously...
    and u as UM chinese should be more low profile in ur campus due to less number of same kind..
    not like us ,chinese can open group meeting at cafe cuz we r half of all

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep holding on....gogogo..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before I entered, I had heard of all pure science subjects are specially made for those race....

    ReplyDelete